Our client in the Information Technology industry is looking for a Software Engineer to be based in Harare
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the Data Science and Analytics team and product offering in line with the wider organization’s offering
- Design, prototype, develop and deploy machine learning risk models.
- Curating enterprise data sets, risk models, analytics, and NLP techniques
- Write high-quality code with good practices across all environments, development, testing, and production.
- Develop and maintain high standards for our data science, analytics, risk model, and AI/ML capabilities continuously innovating and leveraging new ideas and technologies
- Convert data into decisions that can have a large impact on our clients’ businesses.
- Manage the full data lifecycle including scoping projects, importing & cleansing data, running analysis, and reporting back insights.
- Work with other members of our team including product managers, sales and marketing, management as well as software engineers
- Develop ETL framework for extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) data onto the organization’s cloud AWS database and enterprise platform
- Work within a documented process for data security, business continuity, and GDPR compliance, other regulatory requirements as well as ethically.
- BSC, MSc, PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Physics or quantitative discipline.
- GitHub, Kaggle (or equivalent) public repository with a portfolio of projects
- Good knowledge of R, Python. A strong experience in Python coupled with a deep understanding of machine learning/AI frameworks
- Practical experience in building NLP models
- Working experience with cloud platforms (AWS is beneficial)
- Practical experience in developing and deploying machine learning models
- Experience working with SQL databases and others
- Experience with programming languages and statistical platforms and tools: SAS, R, MatLab, or Python
- Three to Five years experience working in a Data Science/Data Analysis/statistics role in a commercial environment is helpful
- Big 4 Audit, Risk experience an added plus
- Excellent knowledge of engineering methodologies (version control, CI/CD)
- Analysis workflows (Notebooks, Drake, etc).
If interested please send your CV to [email protected]