Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
Roles and Responsibility
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, stakeholders, staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives
- Research prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Consolidate Business analytics for the CEO for decision making.
- Serve as the CEO’s administrative liaison to NMB’s board of directors
- Assist board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Participate as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assist in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stake holders Strategic Initiatives
- Work with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the CEO’s outreach activities and draft thank you letters.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong work tenure: 3 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Creative thinker who enjoys working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability • Emotional maturit
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Interested Candidates should send their emails to [email protected]